Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Grandma's Recipes: Danish Cinnamon Cream Cheese Pastry

For those of you who don't know her, my Grandma has an incredible talent and passion for cooking.  Many of her recipes have involved long hours of testing and trying to achieve the perfect ingredients and methods of cooking.  Lucky for me, I've gotten to "taste-test" many of her recipes over the years...and super-LUCKY FOR ME, she has given me a copy of all her recipes on one little flash drive.  How awesome is that?

While my Grandma and Grandpa were at our house for a visit last weekend, I asked Grandma if I could make and post some of her recipes on my blog...and she said yes! 


So, here is my first recipe to share with you.  Grandma says she makes these Danish Cinnamon Cream Cheese Pastries for Cowboy Church and everybody gobbles them up.  And now I see why! These are so yummy and fairly simple to make (once you figure out how to flip the second layer of crescent roll dough). :)






DANISH CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE PASTRY
Makes a 15 ½” x10 ½”Jelly Roll Pan or a Pampered Chef  Stoneware Bar Pan

·       2 Tubes Refrigerated 
Butter Flake Rolls
Original Crescent 
·       2 Pkg. (8 oz. ea.) Cream Cheese (softened)
·       1 Cup Granulated Sugar
·       1 Egg (beaten)
·       1 Tsp. Vanilla
·       ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
·       2 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
·       6 Tbs. Butter (melted)

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.

Lightly grease a 15½ x 10 ½ inch Jelly Roll Pan with butter.
Use a Pampered Chef Stoneware Bar Pan, if you have one (do not grease, if your stone is already "seasoned")

Press 1 tube of Crescent Rolls to cover bottom.
(lay piece of plastic wrap over dough and press or roll with pastry roller)

Blend Cream Cheese, the 1 Cup Sugar, Egg, and Vanilla; spread evenly over Crescent Roll Crust. (do not go over the edges of crust) Refrigerate until top is readied.

Cover bottom of a 17”x 12” rimmed bake sheet with a piece of plastic wrap; lay second tube of Crescent Rolls on plastic, lay another piece of plastic wrap over dough; press or roll with pastry roller to edge of plastic wrap; transfer to top of Cheese mixture.

Mix the ½ Cup Granulated Sugar and Cinnamon together. Sprinkle over top Danish.

Drizzle melted Butter over top Danish.

Bake for 24 to 30 minutes (24 minutes for Stoneware Bar Pan) or until golden brown.

Cool overnight in refrigerator. 
       
Serve Chilled.

Plug: I put this post on http://beautyandbedlam.com/.  Check it out!

3 comments:

  1. I make this exact recipe but when I got the recipe from my cousin it was called Sopapilla Cheesecake. My husband's favorite dessert!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm YUM!! What a great recipe! Thanks so much for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...