Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

Fab Fall Foliage



The leaves on the trees have been absolutely GORGEOUS this week.  So many shades of red, orange, and yellow...it's what I love about fall.  The only downside to the trees hitting their peak color is that you know it will soon end with the leafy beauties lying on the ground and some not-so-interesting bare-naked trees.

So I'm thinking that instead of letting them just lay there on the ground until they shrivel up and brown, I want to put them to some use.  I found these great projects using real leaves that I'm totally wanting to try!



Love, love, love! These are actually color photocopies of real leaves! Get the project tutorial here.


I know I already have a fall "wreath", but I think this one is pretty cool too, made with preserved leaves.  Instructions here.


Or how about using them to make a pretty fireplace decoration! From one of my favorite blogs, Cupcakes and Cashmere.


How do you preserve leaves? Follow this tutorial from Color Outside The Lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...