Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips

My neighbor almost always asks me to make this whenever they have a party, so it was no different for his wife's baby shower this past weekend.  Each time I make it, I discover a new, quicker, and easier way to slice and dice all of the fruit that goes into this fruit salsa.

This time, I used frozen strawberries (fresh strawberries were $7/pkg!..no thank you!) and chopped them up with my Pampered Chef food chopper while they were still frozen.  Sooooo much easier than using a knife and fresh strawberries.  While it may taste a little better using fresh and come out a little more chunky and less juicy (although my neighbor said he liked this juicier version better), I was all about the speed when making it this weekend.  Like I said here, I royally procrastinated and still hadn't bought the present the morning of the shower.


My dear hubby made the cinnamon chips for me while I ran to Babies R Us.  :)




Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips

2 kiwi, peeled and sliced
1 lb. frozen strawberries
8 oz. frozen raspberries
3 Tbsp. fruit preserves (I used raspberry)
2 apples, cored and chopped

(10) 10-inch flour tortillas
Cooking spray
Cinnamon sugar (1 cup white sugar + 1 tsp. cinnamon)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine kiwi, strawberries, and raspberries in a large mixing bowl.  If using frozen fruit, let the fruit mix thaw for a few hours. 

Meanwhile, spray both sides of a tortilla with cooking spray, then dredge both sides in a bowl of cinnamon sugar.  Use a pizza cutter to cut the tortillas into 8 wedges.  Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lay down one layer of wedges so that they are not touching each other.  Bake for 10 minutes.

Before serving, mix in apples (so they don't brown) and preserves.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful! Light and refreshing after all of the heavy Thanksgiving food we are about to eat. I will definitely be making this.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...